Verein Vinzigemeinschaft St. Stephan, Wien
- Building redevelopment
- Office and residential
- 2021 Wood Construction Award - wienwood
- 2021 Austrian ZV Building Award
2016 - 2019
- LPH1 Basic analysis construction planning
- LPH2 Preliminary draft
- LPH3 Preliminary structural draft
- LPH4 Submission planning
- LPH5 Execution planning
- LPH6 Collaboration in tender procedures
- LPH7 Support of the construction work
- LPH8 Collaboration in the local construction supervison
- Brickwork & natural stone
On a plot of land owned by the Lazarists in Vienna-Hetzendorf, a residential village for long-term homeless people was built using the simplest of methods and donated building materials – windows, flooring and façade panels. The residential modules were built by students of the HTL-Mödling.
16 individual modules in timber frame construction were placed at the edge of the orchard of the former retreat house between the old trees. In order to comply with the dedication of a attached building development, the residential modules were combined under a common roof; where trees were present, the roof was interrupted.
Each villager has his own lockable room with sanitary cell. Hot meals and fresh laundry are provided in the completely renovated former administration building. There is also the necessary infrastructure such as kitchen, shower rooms, laundry, staff rooms, the offices of the VinziWerke Vienna and in the converted attic eight additional living places with bathroom.
Pictures: gaupenraub +/- and Florian Albert