The flying roof Handenberg
- Special construction
- 2016 Building owner prize ZV, Nomination
2014 - 2015
- LPH1 Basic analysis construction planning
- LPH2 Preliminary draft
- LPH3 Preliminary structural draft
- LPH4 Submission planning
- LPH5 Execution planning
- LPH6 Collaboration in tender procedures
- LPH7 Support of the construction work
- LPH8 Collaboration in the local construction supervison
A slim flying roof made of reinforced concrete for the redesign of the square in the community Handenberg.
The flying roof cantilevers over a length of 12 meters and spans an area of 80 square meters. The extremely slim design is achieved by cast-steel angle in composite construction with reinforced concrete. The wall and ceiling thickness are adapted to the inertia torque behavior of the cantilever arm and is at the base of the wall 90 cm and reduced to the roof edge to 15 cm. An underground 50 m³ large reinforced concrete squared stone serves as foundation. To compensate the expected long-term deformations, the roof is built excessively about 27 cm in parabolic shape.
Pictures: © Josef Andraschko